Monday, May 19, 2008

Effective classroom interaction: Learning from the Lilly Conference

This February I attended the Lilly Conference which was held in Greensboro, NC. Among the sessions I attended I was particularly interested in the session Sparking and Sustaining Classroom Discussion presented by Kimberly Cuny and Sarah M. Wilde. I would like to share a little what I learned from this session and beyond with my fellow colleagues.

Teaching is a multiside processing which is involving in both teacher and students, therefore effective interaction with students in classroom is critical for the classroom success. The session and my conversations with the presenters after session help me in improving my classroom communication skills, those are something I ignored before in my classrooms. Also I would love to recommendate two articles anthored by the presenters, linked via http://speakingcenter.uncg.edu/resources/immediacypapers/plepart1.html and http://speakingcenter.uncg.edu/resources/immediacypapers/plepart2.html.

Lei Zhang

1 comment:

Niesha Douglas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.